Thursday, May 24, 2012

Come Follow Me My Disciple

               It is crazy to think that in a few short days I will be starting Skyview Ranch summer camp. To me the journey of beginning a new thing is always tough. So many unexpected questions and thoughts, will they ever end? Maybe it is the fear of the unknown that can keep me from experiencing what God truly wants me to? Or maybe I am just not ready to open my heart up yet for selfish reasons? Hmm but all these things...what do they matter? I guess right now I am just in a questioning state, hopefully something good (even if it isnt the answer to my questions) will come from this. While in this state, the thought that is pestering me is am I the only one going through this? As folly as that question may be it is still constant in my head. Following that question comes reasoning, I say to myself of course I am not the only one going through this. Thousand of people have the same thought, at least I hope so haha. Why then do I still feel alone?
            For the most part I am super excited to start Skyview, I made a change. I went for the unexpected route, I followed God's will to a new place. AAAHHH there is the true joy....following. By following the Lord's voice I am becoming a disciple. One who "follows" day and night. Listening, waiting, wanting to hear Him. Maybe my state of mind isnt so much questioning but one of uncontentness (if that is a word haha). Crazy right? I never thought I wouldnt be content while following Jesus, being a disciple. However the reality is that even the 12 disciple struggled with fear and questioning in Luke 8:22-25
      22  One day he [Jesus] got into a boat with his disciples, and he said to them, “Let us go across to the other side of the lake.” So they set out, 23 and as they sailed he [Jesus] fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water and were in danger. 24 And they went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” And he awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm. 25 He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and they [disciples] marveled, saying to one another, “Who then is this, that he commands even winds and water, and they obey him?” 
      Where is your faith? now that is the question that I should be asking myself, if Jesus calmed a raging sea then He can surely help me. Even before that though the disciples followed Jesus into the boat...key word being followed. The disciples listened to idea to go across the lake Once on the lake they were fearful of the storm, right now that is my fear the storm, the unknown. However I know where my faith is, it is in Jesus who calms the storm and who I will gladly follow even if it is to the unknown because when Jesus says come a disciple follows. So I challenge you this week to see where your faith is and listen to Jesus' voice.

1 comment:

  1. Last week, I totally read that same story in Mark. In Mark the disciples asked "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?" When I read the passage, it made me think how like the disciples did, when the waters become rough or the things in life become difficult why is my first reaction to question Him. But just like you said, when difficulties or unknown come, I need to continue to put my faith and trust in the Him!

    Hope you have a wonderful working summer camp! Cant wait to here all about it in the fall :)

    ReplyDelete