Saturday, April 28, 2012
Battle of the mind
When I think of the brain I think of the place from where all my thoughts stem from. A place that is full of thoughts about everything from a small cotton swap to a decision about what to eat (which we all know is difficult haha). Anyways I constantly find myself struggling with a defeated mind. Where I blame myself for things that are out of my control or a find a memory that I wish to erase. Either way the mind is a tough thing to control. So the question I keep asking myself is why do I have such a desire to control my mind? God calls us to give our burdens to Him because His yoke is easy and HIS burden is light. Yet daily I struggle with giving control. A few days ago the thought (from my mind) came to me: I need to give my mind to Christ daily with all the struggles it carries. God repeatedly in the Bible calls us to a renewal of our mind (romans 12). This is a huge wake up call. My mind needs to be focused on what God desires instead of my own. Instead of the nonsense I find so difficult to conquer because I am MORE than a conquer through Christ Jesus. That is no battle at all but a VICTORY!! My challenge to you is to surrender your thoughts and see how God can work in your mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Like. So what I needed to hear today!
ReplyDelete